- Research+Development+Innovation are crucial for both, the EU and Chile
- SMEs are at the core of Chile's (and EU's) economy and innovation
- Need for global action in ICT
- Challenge to collaborate between academia, industry and governments
- Up-grade intercontinental connectivity of e-infrastructures for ubiquitous access
- Chilean challenges: lack of R&D investment; Lack of success stories to prove benefit of ICT; no connection between science and economic value creation
These conclusions were followed by some short term action points, like the participation of a Chilean delegation for the next ICT 2012 event and the emphasis of ICT at the EU-LAC summit 2012 that will be hosted by Chile.