The Workshop on joint strategies for future cooperation initiatives between Europe and Latin America was organized by the AMERICAS project, with the support of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Productive Innovation of Argentina (MINCyT) through the National Directorate of International Relations, and the European Commission.
During the workshop, the findings of the “Feasibility Study on joint strategies for future cooperation initiatives between Europe and Latin America” carried out by the AMERICAS project were presented. The focus of the discussions was the existing conditions to set-up new strategies for cooperation between both regions in the field of ICT, in particular four key topics:
- Financing mechanisms for ICT R&D in Latin America
- Thematic priorities for the implementation of bilateral coordinated calls & other joint strategies
- New International Cooperation schemes in Horizon 2020
- Bi-regional Capacity Building for EU-LAC cooperation
The event brought together funding agencies from Argentina, Chile, Brazil and Colombia, EC representatives, R&D policy makers, leading Universities and ICT stakeholders from Latin America and Europe.
- Towardsnew International Cooperation schemes in Horizon 2020 (Jean-Yves Roger, DG CONNECT,European Commission)
- Feasibility Study on jointstrategies for future EU-LAC cooperation initiatives (Yolanda Ursa, INMARK)
- Financing mechanisms for ICT R&D cooperation in Latin America (Ivar Vargas, CONICYT and Margareta Mazura, EMF)
- Thematicpriorities for the implementation of bilateral coordinated calls & otherjoint strategies (Miguel Gonzalez, Tecnologico de Monterrey)
- Bi-regionalCapacity Building for EU-LAC cooperation (Monica Silenzi, MINCyT)
- e-Infrastructures for academic and scientificuse in Argentina (Dr. Sergio Matheos, Sub secretary of InstitutionalCoordination, MINCyT)